GUI toolkits

Steve Menard steve.menard at polyester.com
Fri Jul 26 09:46:37 EDT 2002

"Cameron Laird" <claird at starbase.neosoft.com> wrote in message
news:BEA115092AB774F7.E39E2F1D90F7B623.715FCF3C12A52FBB at lp.airnews.net...
> In article <cUz%8.6426$dk1.1147038 at news20.bellglobal.com>,
> Steve Menard <steve.menard at polyester.com> wrote:
> .
> >I personally settle on wxWindows. I will not say I like it. I am used to
> >SWING and wxWindows is painful to use. But it works as well on all
supported
> >platforms.
> >
> >    Steve
> >

> You *like* Swing?
>
> Do you want to recommend Jython to the originator of the thread?
> --

Ah, no.

And  yes I like Swing. Maybe its because I have had the time to learn it
properly. Maybe it just makes more sense to me.

In any case, I am vastly more productive with it than I ever think to be in
wxPython. Perhaps pyQT or pyGTK would change that, bttu since they are not
(completely) available on Windows, I don't have the choice of even
considering them.

    Steve