old thread: SSL support for socket module for server sockets

- c o v e n t r y - coventry at one.net
Mon Jul 1 00:02:50 EDT 2002

I was reviewing the archives and ran accross this patch submited for
python 2.0, but too late to make it in... Is there a way to create a
SSL server socket in 2.2, or did this slip through the cracks?

I don't think anybody has posted a patch for this, so I will.  The SSL
support in the socket module doesn't support server sockets (ones
where
you call s.accept() on them).  This patch creates a function in the
socket
module named sslserv which is analogous to the ssl function except
this one
will work for server sockets.

*** /home/drew/build/Python-2.0b1/Modules/socketmodule.c Wed Aug 16
10:18:30 2000
--- socketmodule.c Fri Sep 22 16:25:24 2000
*** 2045,2048 ****
--- 2045,2131 ----
  }
[[SNIP]]