Using Python for processing of large datasets (convincing managment)

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Sun Jul 7 12:08:35 EDT 2002

Peter Hansen wrote:
>> award, http://www.activestate.com/Corporate/Awards/ActiveAwards.html
> Unfortunately it is not possible to vote only for the Python programmers,

Didn't USE to be, but they fixed it -- you can now choose "abstain
for each category" for each language you don't want to vote on, and
indeed it's now the default for each category.

> making it impossible for me to vote in an ethical manner.  I know
> nothing of most of the other areas (Perl, etc.) and I won't resort
> to random voting just to get in my votes for Paul, you, or the others.

This does you honor and indeed many others must have felt the same
way -- some, enough to let ActiveState know, since ActiveState did
immediately respond by fixing the page accordingly.

> (I assume I didn't miss something there.  I left the others
> unselected and it refused my submission.)

It was that way until a few days ago, but now it's fixed.  Retry...

Alex