signals, threads, omniorbpy, SIGINT and segfaults

bruce edge bruce_edge at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 13:04:16 EDT 2002

When I init the ORB, there are 4 additional threads started. One of these
segfaults on a SIGINT:

Python 2.1 (#1, Jul  2 2002, 21:34:59)
[GCC 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)] on linux2
>>> import sys
>>> import omniORB.CORBA

OK here, Ctrl-C generated kbd int exception:

KeyboardInterrupt

KeyboardInterrupt
>>> orb = omniORB.CORBA.ORB_init(sys.argv, omniORB.CORBA.ORB_ID)

Here Ctrl-C segfaults one of the threads:

KeyboardInterrupt

KeyboardInterrupt

KeyboardInterrupt

zsh: 25516 segmentation fault  python

How can I fix this? I've tried trapping SIGINT in my main thread using
signal(), which "helps" only in that now it takes more than one Ctrl-C to
segfault it.

Or, how can I proceed to debug this?

Thanks, Bruce.