Regular expressions?

JB jb at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 05:26:52 EDT 2002

I am working on an offline newsreader (with very limited
capabilities). I think the only way I can reckognize a
multi part message is that in the header something like
'(1/12)' , which I call multi part indicator, is included in
the subject field. Now I have seen that sometimes they use
'[1/12]' and sometimes this indicator is not at the end of
the subject line but somewhere in the middle of the line.
(The number of bytes in the message could follow the multi
part indicator).

So I have to find the indicator in a line. Should I apply
regular expressions to solve this problem?
--
JB