python 2.1.3 with tkinter support on Solaris 9

Marc Petitmermet petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch
Tue Jul 30 07:07:29 EDT 2002

In article <j4vg6x5wx3.fsf at aramis.informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
 loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de (Martin v. Lowis) wrote:

> Maybe you have overdone that; please chose *one* of the strategies,
> not all of them. Just using LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be enough. What
> value are you using for that?

I have tested all of them but none worked.

> Perhaps you don't have a file named libtk8.3.so on your system,
> perhaps you can't execute it, perhaps it isn't the Tk shared library?
> Many things can have gone wrong.

I have a libtk8.3.so on my system, it is executable and it is in the
shared library.

In the meantime I could compile python with tkinter support but I had to
make a soft link from /p1/local/tcltk/tk-8.3.4/libtk8.3.so to
/usr/local/lib. I just have the feeling that the find_file function in
the setup.py script does not work porperly, at least in my case. If it
would have worked properly, it should have found the libraries according
to Modules/Setup, shouldn't it?

Regards,
Marc