SMTP for SOAP in Python

David Levy david.levy at xrce.xerox.com
Tue Jul 23 08:25:43 EDT 2002

SOAP.py is the best library available for python IMHO

you are right, most of the job is for type handling
you can write your own Transport Class (SMTPTransport) to send and
receive the soap message
you pass it to your SOAPProxy and it;'s ok .... it should be !

I would also be interested in such an implementation !
plz tell us :)

David

Lars von Wedel wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I saw a couple of libraries to support SOAP c/s in Python.
>
> However, all of them rely on HTTP as a transfer protocol
> as far as I have seen. Are there any libs using SMTP?
>
> Doing my own implementation of SMTP transport, which would
> be the best choice of SOAP library in terms of matureness
> and extensibility?
>
> From SOAPpy in the pywebsvcs module it seems, that the biggest
> part is the data type handling, whereas the actual data transport
> is a fairly small piece of the overall code. Thus, an SMTP
> extension should be easy or am I overlooking some details?
>
> Lars

David Levy                       Xerox Research Centre Europe
6, ch. de Maupertuis             F - 38240 Meylan
Email david.levy at xrce.xerox.com  http://www.xrce.xerox.com