extract elements of n char from a list

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 26 19:33:59 EDT 2002

Tim Peters wrote:

> To be technical right back <wink>, I wrote about "Unix-like systems", which
> is a far broader world than is covered by glibc alone.  The POSIX / Single
> UNIX Specification says only this:

Ahh, the beauty of vague standards :)

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed your description and it was as I said a minor
point, slightly worthy of mention. It wasn't really misleading at all, it's
just that I was sensitive to the point because of having spent the afternoon
yesterday writing 4 different clock functions as an extension module to
distinguish between system and user time.

The book looks very nice, btw. Good job,

f.