Is there a Python text-editor suitable to embed in a VB app (newbie question)

Gerhard Häring gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Sun Jul 14 11:19:12 EDT 2002

* david evans <david.evans at ittransition.co.uk> [2002-07-14 16:07 +0100]:
> I'm very new to Python (nearly 10 day experience now) but thanks to "Python
> Programming on Win32" I've been able to construct a VB prototype, ODBC based
> development tool with a  Python "scripting" cabability.
>
> My script editor is really sad though.  It's simply a MS text box.
>
> Is there a way that I can embed the Pythonwin editor (or similar, existing,
> language-aware editor) into a VB project?
>
> Any suggestions or pointers (other than write it all in Python -- I'm not
> good enough to do that) will be gratefully received.

Looks like that's possible with Scintilla, which is a really great
editor (I believe it's also what's currently used in PythonWin):

http://www.scintilla.org/
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTry.vb

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930