Making code 2.1 compatible

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Tue Jul 16 12:18:54 EDT 2002

Quoth Michael Hudson <mwh at python.net>:
| Which parts confuse you?  Or has Tim cleared it up?

Yes, thank you, the faq reference was all it took.
( http://www.python-in-business.org/pbf_content/faq )

| [Tim, later]
| > If they don't, we do <wink> -- the volunteer bugfix-release Patch
| > Czars so far have taken a strong "no new features!" stance.
|
| Note that a selling point of the "no new features!" stance is a
| reduction of the work required... every time I said "no" to a patch,
| there was less fiddling with cvs to do.

Sure, though the circumstances look different to me, with more
resources available to add features, and more pressure to do so.
But like I said, it sounds like they have thought about it -
``For the core language, this is a sensitive issue, ...''

	Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu