Open document formats

David Mertz, Ph.D. mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu Jul 11 12:22:39 EDT 2002

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) wrote previously:
|Well, wasn't Windows itself holding out against PS for a long time?
|OK, I'm not motivated enough to research this myself just now ...

My recollection is that early Windows versions Windows/286, Win3.0, etc.
indeed had rather poor or non-existent standard postscript support.  But
even back around 1990, you could easily enough obtain Windows PS drivers
from the makers of PS printers.  At least as early as 1991, I was using
PS drivers on Windows, then using a commercial postscript-interpreter
program called "GoScript" (before Ghostscript was around) to send the
output to dot-matrix printers.

--
    _/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Postmodern Enterprises _/_/_/