SVG viewer in python?

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 17 07:27:52 EDT 2002

gb at cs.unc.edu wrote in message news:<u8z4bqjyg.fsf at cs.unc.edu>...
> Does anyone know of an open source SVG viewer written in Python? I'm
> working with some students on a project to make SVG drawings (maps in
> particular) accessible to visually impaired students.

I haven't come across such a thing.

The only suggestion I would have for how to get around lack of a pure
python SVG viewer would be to use Jython with one of the many open
source Java SVG viewers out there, e.g. Apache Batik.

This would allow your students to still be writing in Python. However,
the implementation of the SVG rendering algorithms, etc, would be
Java.

HTH,

Alan.