making python on Solaris 8

Harvey Thomas hst at empolis.co.uk
Fri Jul 12 05:44:21 EDT 2002

Although we've built Python before, we have problems building it on a new machine.

Details are:

 Solaris 8 (64-bit)

 gcc ver  2.95.3
 make ver 3.79.1

 configure output and the make output with the error at the end are attached.

Any ideas on what is wrong would be most welcome.

TIA

Harvey Thomas
empolis UK Ltd
 <<python_configure.TXT>>  <<python_make.TXT>>

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service.