Using Python for processing of large datasets (convincing managment)

Paul Rubin phr-n2002b at NOSPAMnightsong.com
Sun Jul 7 07:41:55 EDT 2002

Thomas Jensen <spam at ob_scure.dk> writes:
> I am quite certain that scaling (well) to multiple CPU requires one to
> use threading at least. Scaling to several physical machines might be
> (relativly) easy with Java, but imagine it must require some coding,
> or?

You are obsessed with this multi-CPU stuff but have not given the
slightest bit of evidence that you need that complexity to meet your
performance goals.  Spend your time trying to understand your problem
better rather than throwing fancy technology at it.  Chances are you
can do what you need with a simple, single-CPU approach.