NEW TO THIS: Assigning values to strings in list?

Johannes Graumann graumann at clyde.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 19 11:58:44 EDT 2002

Hello,

As stated in the subject, I'm new to this - but I think with this
question I might be already headed for my first good burn ;0)

Basicely I have two lists, one containing the future string-names
and one containing the values I want to give them. The order is
identical in both. Right now I'm solving this by a dictionary, but
I would really prefer to have straight strings as a result of my
operation.

Can anybody please tell me how to go about this and/or why I
totally shouldn't do this?

Thanks, Joh