old thread: SSL support for socket module for server sockets

- c o v e n t r y - coventry at removethisandallhyphens-o-n-e.net
Mon Jul 1 12:11:06 EDT 2002

>>Yes, there are alternative SSL modules, but unless their authors step
>>forward and contribute them, it is just as if they would not exist.
>>

> I'm pretty sure that's what I did from the very start ;) Pretty soon I
> will release version 0.5 of pyOpenSSL, with both new features and bufixes.

I think he means "contribute them to core python" ;)  Many users, like
myself, have probably wanted to do SSL stuff - but many of them probably
haven't posted on comp.lang.python to find out what was up, and gave up
after many google searches returned nothing of usefulness... Not being
in the standard library really takes away from the userbase... *shrug*

-c