python 2.1.3 with tkinter support on Solaris 9

Martin v. Löwis loewis at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Jul 30 06:31:52 EDT 2002

Marc Petitmermet <petitmermet at mat.ethz.ch> writes:

> I still cannot compile python 2.1.3 with tkinter support on Solaris 9. I
> have configured the environmental paths LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LD_RUN_PATH,
> the Modules/Setup file and even adjusted the /var/ld/ld.config with crle
> to include the libraries of tcl and tk libraries.

Maybe you have overdone that; please chose *one* of the strategies,
not all of them. Just using LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be enough. What
value are you using for that?

> The problem ist that setup.py still complains that it cannot find
> libtk8.3.so although the it is located in /p1/local/tcltk/tk-8.3.4
> as configure Modules/Setup (see below). Can anybody tell me what I'm
> doing wrong?

Since you did not tell us what you did (precisely), it is hard to tell
what you did wrong.

Perhaps you don't have a file named libtk8.3.so on your system,
perhaps you can't execute it, perhaps it isn't the Tk shared library?
Many things can have gone wrong.

Regards,
Martin