GUI toolkits

Jolly Roger spyglass106 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 24 08:38:06 EDT 2002

Alex Martelli <aleax at aleax.it> writes:

> Dunno 'bout the license situation though -- I'm pretty sure you're
> OK with GPL for Qt-using stuff on (e.g.) Linux,

Definitely.

> but on Windows it
> might be different (alas, Trolltech's license lawyers have weaved a
> thick thicket there, sigh).

I think Windows software using Qt ("non-commercial") can be
distributed under BSD or LGPL (or similar) license, but not under the
plain unmodified GPL. If GPL is a must, it's possible to add a clause
to the GPL which, I think, exempts the recipient of the software from
having to redistribute Qt source code with the application. Something
like that anyway.