ssh and Python

Andy Salnikov a_salnikov at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 22 19:02:45 EDT 2002

"Erno Kuusela" <erno-news at erno.iki.fi> wrote in message
news:kuofd03q0m.fsf at lasipalatsi.fi...
> In article <mailman.1027340370.26837.python-list at python.org>, "Bo
> M. Maryniuck" <b.maryniuk at forbis.lt> writes:
>
> | On Monday 22 July 2002 13:12, Erno Kuusela wrote:
> || use a rsa key with ssh-agent (or without passphrase if you need
> || it to run unattended).
>
> | But sometimes you just need to pass a password.
>
> hmm? you can always use a rsa key, unless the administrator
> has disabled rsa keys (which would be silly since hardcoding
> passwords is less safe).

  I know one example when one has to use plain password in ssh.
This is when you log on onto AFS-enabled host from non-afs machine
(or using ssh without AFS support, which is standard on Windows).
In this case using RSA you'll not get your AFS token and then you'll
need to execute 'klog' manually an type in your password anyway.

  Cheers,
  Andy.