Client sockets without os.fork()

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sat Jul 6 12:28:23 EDT 2002

"Larry" <ld @ nospam.com> wrote in message
news:MDqV8.426072$cQ3.29617 at sccrnsc01...
> When a client connects in unix/linux, I could simply use the os.fork()  to
> create a nice new process to deal with the newly requested session.
>
> I now have a need to do this in windows.  Can anyone relay a fairly easy
way
> to put the newly created socket into it's own thread so that it can go
about
> doing it's business while the orginal daemon can sit and listen for new
> connections?

Take a look a the standard library's CGIHTTPServer, which contains code to
handle the OS-dependent bits of starting a subsidiary process and reading
its output.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/