ANN: Pyrex 0.3.4

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Fri Jul 19 02:12:22 EDT 2002

On 17 Jul 2002 23:03:52 -0700, brian_l at yahoo.com (Brian Lenihan)
wrote:
>It's not you. MSVC doesn't like the void initprimes
>prototype above the
>
>__declspec(dllexport)
>void initprimes(void) {

In what cases is the __declspec(dllexport) really necessary? This is
new to pyrex 0.3.4, but I never had any problems before that (without
the __declspec). I thought you only need that if you import the dll
through an import library which Python doesn't do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the pyrex generated code be more
portable if it would not contain the __declspec at all since it is a
Microsoft specific extension and it's not really needed in this case.

- Matthias -