maximum recursion depth

Paul phsdv.remove at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 21 00:19:05 EDT 2002

I am just learning Python and found that the recursion depth is limited.
Which is probably a good thing when you are learning ;-)
The application that I am writing will recurse many times more than the
100(?) limit in python 2.2.

Can I optimize my code so that there will be less recursion? yes, but my
recursion depth will still be over 1000 times...
Can I rewrite my code without recursion? Maybe, but I do not want to.

My question to you: Is there a way to change the limit of the recursion
depth?

I've looked at the command line, searched the FAQ and searched the last 5000
messages in this newsgroup without luck...

Thanks,
Paul

RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded