Unicode utf-8 doesn't do back-and-forth?

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Jul 3 13:16:22 EDT 2002

Well, and here I was believing utf was a clean and elegant format to
make the best of a bad situation (I'm hoping utf-8 still is, though, of
course, it will have these dang surrogates to contend with ;) ).

"Nothing's clean, nothing's elegant kid.  Get used to that.  This is the
real world, and out here, we just hack at the corpses until they give us
what we want.  There're no master criminals any more, just frustrated
people, impossible situations, and no emotional air conditioning."

Mike