Embedding Python the extreme way

Wolfgang Draxinger wdraxinger at darkstargames.de
Wed Jul 10 07:56:51 EDT 2002

For my current 3D engine project I decided to use Python as a important
part of the whole design. And it works well.
However, now I want to make python an integal part of the engine, not
just a external lib. And I not want to statically link it with the
engine. My goal is, to discard all modules and builtin functions that I
don't need, e.g. sys. It's intended to control the 3D engine, not to
write complex scripts.

Can anybody give me some advice for that. Embedding Python and writing
extension modules is no problem at all, just "cleaning" the python
sources. My base is Python 2.2.1
| +----------------+ WOLFGANG DRAXINGER          |
| | ,-.   DARKSTAR | lead programmer             |
| |(   ) +---------+ wdraxinger at darkstargames.de |
| | `-' / GAMES /                                |
| +----+''''''''     http://www.darkstargames.de |