What is a glue language?

Dave Cinege dcinege at psychosis.com
Mon Jul 29 12:04:25 EDT 2002

On Monday 29 July 2002 10:33, Jens Kubieziel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> the word 'glue language' is mentioned in the FAQ. I have no clue :-)
> what this could mean. Could someone explain this (also a german
> translation is appreciated)?

Glue, noun:
	To join with glue or a viscous substance; to cause to stick
	or hold fast, as if with glue; to fix or fasten.

Glue logic is what interconnects the primary components of a
large circuit. (IE the 'minor' parts inbetween the CPU and the Chipset on
your motherboard.)

The term 'Glue Language' in reference to Python means it's well
suited at joining together (acting as 'middleware' if you will)
primary software components.

IMO it's well suited to creating those primary components as
well...

Dave

--
The time is now 22:48 (Totalitarian)  -  http://www.ccops.org/