Distributed Python

Ville Vainio vvainio at tp.spt.fi
Thu Jul 25 06:49:25 EDT 2002

Jay O'Connor <joconnor at cybermesa.com> wrote in message news:<3D3DF209.17923D28 at cybermesa.com>...

> That was my other thought., wondering if someone else had already done
> what I was toying with.  It appears so :)

Yes, almost everybody starts to think about implementing a distributed
objects scheme when playing with python. It's so easy and fun, and
things like introspection practically force one to reinvent the wheel
;-).

It would appear that the sensible thing to do is to go the CORBA way,
which is tried, true, *easy* (controversy on this issue mainly
concerns non-python bindings) and interoperable (and fast, at least
with omniORBpy that I've tried).

-- Ville