Best way to populate a wxListCtrl widget from mysql

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Fri Jul 26 10:44:55 EDT 2002

wjdandreta at worldnet.att.net (Bill Dandreta) wrote in
news:3d415a50.3394307 at netnews.worldnet.att.net:

> Hi Arneau,
>
>>What is the best way to populate a wxListCtrl from a Mysql query (may
>>return more that one result).  I would then Like to select one or more
>>from the displayed results and perform another action on them.  Any
>>help so that I don't waste alot of time going in the wrong direction.
>
> Let me preface my remarks by saying that I am a newbie with wxPython.
> I am using Boa Constructor to help me build apps and learn.
>
> I just did what you are trying to do with a wxGrid instead of a
> wxListCtrl.

<snip code>
> I have not even looked at the wxListCtrl yet so I don't know if it is
> a better choice.

the problems i faced with the grid was, that i had crashes when resizing a
grid. but i used a custom model for the grid, not the automaticaly
generated model.

i have now a reasonably fast and stable solution using a virtual
wxListCtrl.
it's a bit lage to post here (10kB) but i can send it to anyone who's
interested.

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>