sqlite-python-0.2.0.win32-py2.2.exe fails

Comcol comcol at ukmail.com
Sun Jul 7 06:12:40 EDT 2002

Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> wrote in message news:<mailman.1025964548.906.python-list at python.org>...
> * Comcol <comcol at ukmail.com> [2002-07-06 06:50 -0700]:
> > I tried to run
> >      sqlite-python-0.2.0.win32-py2.2.exe
> > on a Windows 95 machine, but it failed due to a page fault. *Sigh*
>
> Did you know that we have a list for users of PySQLite at
> http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/pysqlite-users ?

I didn't! Thanks, that could come in handy.

> I only have Windows XP Pro, one other developer has Windows 98, so we
> didn't test on Windows 95, yet.

> Only Python and PySQLite are required. Date and time data types are
> supported if mxDateTime is installed.

Much appreciated!

> Now that doesn't solve your problem. What we need to debug your problem
> is a core dump, or DrWatson file, or whatever it's called on Win95. Does
> anybody here know by chance how to produce it?

Before we do this ...

The actual problem is with the original exe itself (i.e. the
INSTALLATION program - the self-extracting executable). It reports an
unhandled exception (COMCTL32.DLL) 0xC0000005: Access Violation.

I don't think that this is of use to you, though. As far as I know
there's nothing wrong with PySQLite itself, but with the
self-extracting installation program. If the distribution had been
available as a zip file then I would probably be able to install it.

> Comcol, would you be willing to install gdb and run a debug build of
> PySQLite so that we could get at the backtrace of your page fault? If
> yes, then I could try to assemble the necessary instructions for you.

See comments above.

> PPS: Have you installed all updates for Windows 95? Service Pack 1?

Good Lord no. I don't know where one could get a service pack anyway.

mcref01x