Where python especially good ?

Bertrand Geston bergeston at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 2 12:26:59 EDT 2002

"Andrey Koubychev" <email at vtc.ru> wrote in message
news:afrmbm$d28$07$1 at news.t-online.com...
> Hello everyone,
>
> What do you think, at what tasks pythons shows great benefits comparing to
> other script languages ?

Any task that you want from a programming language except:
- spent an unused budget before the end of the year,
- give occupation to a lot of people for a simple task,
- write unmaintainable programs,
- give you the opportunity to discuss endlessly of the best way to program
something : the pythonic one IS the good one (OK, now you have to discuss
what is the pythonic one but this is one level of abstraction above - please
don't flame me with that, only joking - can't resist - I KNOW that the
pythonic way is obvious ! it's even probably its best definition)
- ...

More seriously:
- scripting
- glu between other programs
- server-side application with a more special skill to internet application
(see
Zope or other frameworks)
- scientific applications
- ...