wxPython and Py2exe probs

joc jocdeveloper at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 10:30:43 EDT 2002

I have 2 questions regarding wxPython and Py2exe

1. When I try to compile a python script with Py2exe I get the following
warnings:-

    The following modules were not found: ( I have bunched them to be easier
to read)

    cmndlgsc, imagec, clip_dndc, windows3c, filesysc, eventsc, windows2c,
    controlsc, misc2c, controls2c, os.path, stattoolc, windowsc, mdic, gdic,
    sizersc, printfwc, streamsc, framesc, miscc

The exe file runs OK but another script where I try the same just quits out.
Both
scripts run fine with python. (the other script generates more warnings
because it
is a lot bigger).

Is my version of python (2.2 on win XP) not set up correctly?
I have tried using 'python setup.py py2exe --includes imagec' but that
didn't
help as py2exe complains that there is no module named that.

2. I cannot read the error messages because wxPython redirects them to a
window, which shuts before I can read any output if the program quits.
Is there a way to get wxWindows to stop this behaviour and to have my print
statements and error messages output to standard out?

TIA

Joc