freeze path problem (on nt)

Aaron Watters aaron at reportlab.com
Mon Jul 8 10:58:49 EDT 2002

Hi guys.  I have the following problem.

I use tools/freeze to build a frozen exe (X.exe) for windows using vc++ 6.

If I run it on a machine without a python installation it runs fine.
But if I run it on a machine with python and a package called

    rlextra.rml2pdf

then the import

    from rlextra.rml2pdf import rml2pdf

imports the python module from the file system in preference to the
frozen pyc that is compiled into X.exe.  This is a problem, of course
if the version of rml2pdf on the file system differs from the one in X.exe.

It must have something to do with sys.path and/or those goofy *.pth files
right?

Anyway, how do I prevent X.exe from trying to import stuff from the
file system first before looking internally... anybody got a clue?

thx in advance

   =- Aaron Watters

===
JUVENILE COURT TO TRY SHOOTING SUSPECT
   -- from "real headlines" (that should work...)