Medium to Large Scale Python Deployments

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Jun 6 20:45:20 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1023405789.30972.python-list at python.org>,
Sam Penrose  <spenrose at intersight.com> wrote:

>I'm also curious about large amounts of Python, period. Who knows of
>~50K Python lines-of-code (LOC) systems? 100K LOC? More?

Well, there's Zope.  My last formal employment was at a job where we had
something like 30-40K LOC.  I'd imagine it's moderately rare to get much
larger than that, simply because Python is so compact.  (A good
refactoring run at my last job ought to have shrunk the code by at least
10K, IMO.)

"I had lots of reasonable theories about children myself, until I
had some."  --Michael Rios