IDE recommendations??

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Jun 15 16:52:59 EDT 2002

    Detlev> I have googled this list for IDE recommendations, but have found
    Detlev> none that satisfied me.

Two suggestions.  One, check the editors page on the Python website:

    http://www.python.org/editors/

Two, I guess you should take a look at PyUnitTestBrowser.  The announcement
yesterday said

    This build bonds with PyChecker. That means you can click on a file, get
    a list of warnings, click on a warning, and your editor will pop up with
    the file open and the cursor on the line with the warning.

    Spin:       http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?PyUnitTestBrowser

    Source:     http://flea.sourceforge.net/browser005.zip

    That means PUB now tests your code with PyUnit, lints your code with
    PyChecker, and edits your code with PyShell.

    It's an IDE in a deceptively small package.

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at pobox.com
consulting: http://manatee.mojam.com/~skip/resume.html