Interfacing to 1-Wire LAN, especially Dallas temperature sensors?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jun 3 22:14:03 EDT 2002

Brad Clements wrote:

> There is a technique where you can use a UART at some whacky baud rate and
> bits/byte setting to communicate. There's an APPNOTE somewhere, I don't have
> it handy.

If someone can dig that out (I searched before and couldn't find it
in all the noise) I'd appreciate it.  I would also be happy to try
to implement it under Python, since we'd have some uses for such a
beast.

(But I still don't believe it can be done reliably.  Maybe I'm wrong.
Would be cool.)

-Peter