Inter Process Communication with Numeric arrays

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Thu Jun 20 15:23:28 EDT 2002

Ian McConnell <ian at nasoftware.co.uk> wrote in
news:wx1yb2uvt3.fsf at velocita.nasoftware:

> I want to send the results of some calculation on a Numeric array to a
> second process. These arrays will be fairly large (about 1Mb) so can
> anyone recommend a package for simple IPC?

you could use pickle and send it trough a pipe or socket.
pyro.sf.net solves remote objects problems in python. it uses pickle
over sockets and the other app can be on any machine on th net.

> I'm writing both processes (though one might be in C) so ORB/CORBA
> seems to be overkill and I can't get through to the memory mapped
> files at
>         http://pobox.com/~kragen/sw/arrayfrombuffer/
> (Internal server error)

the link works for me. but it seems that you would still need some
locking/communication mechanism.

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>