Python 2.2 __slots__ Bug?

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 23:47:01 EDT 2002

[Jonathan Hogg]
> It appears that GjR is on the case ;-)

Na, I assigned the bug to GvR just to irritate him <0.7 wink>:  he wrote the
__slot__ deallocation code that's blowing up, yet has also called the funky
trashcan mechanism (which you described well later) "evil" more than once.
The irritating part is that the evil trashcan mechanism is the only hope of
avoiding stack overflow in absurd cases like this.

> I can't see an easy way to fix this without changing the way that the
> "delete later" list is constructed.

Sometimes we just agree to pretend that we never saw the bug report <wink>.

more-than-one-way-to-close-a-bug-ly y'rs  - tim