Be the first on your block to register your computer.

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 28 06:33:12 EDT 2002

Ron Stephens:

> Well, Python just might not be one of the Microsoft approved programs
> allowed to run. In that case, you would not be able to use Python  at all.

   Then we'll just write Python as an Excel macro. Microsoft has over its
entire history stuck programming languages in things *even when they are a
security liability*. They show no signs of deviating from this path with
ever more code-hosting ecosystems with every Windows release.

   I suspect that a Python interpreter could be built out of a set of
Outlook message processing rules although I wouldn't be the one to volunteer
to do it whereas I will volunteer to do the Excel port if it should ever be
needed.

   Neil