get a list of classes in this module

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Thu Jun 13 02:21:34 EDT 2002

"Mark McEahern" <marklists at mceahern.com> wrote:

> Yeah, it's not so much that I don't trust myself--there's that.  ;-)  But
> it's also the simple DRY principle at work.  Why should I have to list the
> classes in that factory-like dictionary when Python can do that for me?
>
> Thankfully, I didn't have to resort to globals()--but took advantage of
> Python 2.2's __subclasses__ (which requires subclassing the base class from
> object).  That worked smoov.

I'd recommend to use a custom metaclass to put the classes in question
into the dictionary -- this way some other module can add credit card
classes and it should still work.

YMMV,

--
Christian Tanzer                                         tanzer at swing.co.at
Glasauergasse 32                                       Tel: +43 1 876 62 36