HTML links in a GUI tkinter

Andres Rosado arosado at softhome.net
Mon Jun 3 20:33:41 EDT 2002

At 03:41 AM 6/2/2002 +0000, you wrote:
 >If you can also help me to realize this, it would be really fine:
 >

 >How can I put in a frame or in any widget (?) an html link so that the
 >browser opens at the url indicated when the user clicks ?
 >Just simply as if it were an HTML link in an HTML document but in a
 >tkinter GUI ?

In general (it applies to Win32), you create a label capable of obtaining
focus. Change the color to blue and when the label is clicked, open the web
browser.

 >What are the packetages to import ?

Any package that supports clickable labels. I'm currently using Tkinter.

 >In what king of widget can I put such a link ?

Label.

 >What kind of lines of code should i put in this widget the link to be
 >active ?

If it's in Windows, there is a function that you can send the any file to
it. On other systems, you need to know which browser the user is using,
open it and send it to the browser.

Andres Rosado
Email: andresr at despammed.com
ICQ: 66750646
Homepage: http://andres980.tripod.com/

If you can survive death, you can probably survive anything.