Flame fests (was Re: python version?)

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Wed Jun 19 23:50:48 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com>

> Aahz wrote:
> >
> > Everybody have fun playing "kick the newbie"?  Maybe it's time to quit?
>
> I think we'd all object strongly to the characterization that we were
> "kicking a newbie".
>
> For one thing, any kicking done was entirely unrelated to whether or not
> he was a newbie.
>
> For another thing, he has basically denied being interested in learning
> about Python, which I believe makes the label "newbie" inappropriate.

Indeed.  After careful examination I have decided he is a troll.  It took a
while for me to recognize it... for instance, he apologized a couple of
times
in a backhanded way.

So George Hester joins Timothy Rue in my message ruleset under the "delete
from server" category.  Whatever technology everyone else is using, I
recommend
similar revisions for all.

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net