[Pypgsql-users] Re: [ANN] pyPgSQL 2.1 released

Gerhard =?unknown-8bit?Q?H=E4ring?= gerhard.haering at gmx.de
Wed Jun 5 19:39:55 CEST 2002

* Gerhard Häring <gerhard.haering at gmx.de> [2002-06-05 18:40 +0200]:
> * Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.net> [2002-06-05 08:21 -0700]:
> > [...] Another thing: pyPgSQL seems to be fine with Unicode query strings
> > (unlike psycopg, apparently), but it doesn't like Unicode parameter values.
> > Is there some explicit encoding step I should be performing?
>
> I've fiddled with adding Unicode support for some time now, but I didn't get
> enough testers yet to make me comfortable enough with it for adding it to a
> pyPgSQL release. On the Sourceforge patches section, I've uploaded a patch
> for full Unicode support, including getting Unicode results back from the
> database, insert Unicode strings, and automatic encoding conversions. I'll
> try to update this patch today to work with the latest pyPgSQL 2.1 release
> and drop you a note when it's ready.

Done now. I like vimdiff :-)

You can get the experimental Unicode patch that applies cleanly to pyPgSQL 2.1
at the following long URL:

http://sf.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=484468&group_id=16528&atid=316528

There isn't much docs (read: any) yet, but you can look into the Unicode test
suite (test/unicode_tests.py) that the patch will install for usage of the
various Unicode features.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id 86AB43C0