Python 2.2.1 vs. gcc 3.1?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jun 9 15:48:21 EDT 2002

Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho at haey.ifi.uio.no> writes:

> >   PS: I can't find a "ldconfig" command on my system.
>
> it's called crle (Solaris 8 and newer).  I do not recommend its use
> over rpath except in the most desparate situations.

Indeed. Atleast up to and including Solaris 8, crle is not comparable
in functionality and convenience of GNU ldconfig. crle in Solaris 9 is
slightly better, allowing incremental updates of the loader path.

So for the moment, the best choice is still to pass -R options to
ld(1) (or using LD_RUN_PATH at build time).

Regards,
Martin