Caching query resuls

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Wed Jun 19 03:13:45 EDT 2002

* Pawel Lewicki <lewy0lewy at poczta.onet.pl> [2002-06-18 20:25 +0200]:
> Hallo,
> Is there any good solution to cache the results of SQL queries?

Your database has one. It should save at least the query execution plan.

> I found the great cache manager in dmtools (http://csl.anu.edu.au/ml/dm/), but I wonder
> if there is any alternative. I will start with MySQL database, but it would
> be great to be able to plug it into other RDBMS's. I am interested in both -
> file and memory caching. I also know ZSQL Method in Zope.

I'm sceptical. How does this help? How does the cache manager get
notified of changes in the database? How is it different from just
storing the queries I'm interested in away on disk if they deliver large
resultsets?

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 25.4 °C      Wind: 2.9 m/s