Newbie question communicating between 2 progs

Ben Thursfield twister at raplounge.de
Mon Jun 10 13:59:09 EDT 2002

Peter Hansen schrieb:

> The question is ambiguous.  When you say "frames", the only thing
> that comes to mind is that you are running Python on client-side
> Internet Explorer under Windows, as scripts in two different parts
> of a window (the frames) simultaneously.  I think you must have
> meant something different however.
>
> Could you please describe more about your environment?  The
> term "frame" can mean a number of things.

That's right. I am running 2 cgi-scripts in two different frames of the
browser, the one should only print an array into the frame and the other one
communicates with a server. I decided to split the programm up because i want
to refresh the printing frame every second. The main frame changes the array
the second frame prints it out. My host has Python installed, so the
#usr/bin/python method works fine.
So the question is how can the programm responsible for printing out the array
access the array defined in the other programm.

I hope i described the problem better now.

Ben