Wanted: Potential Python Authors

William Park opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca
Wed Jun 12 20:19:40 EDT 2002

Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> In article <3d07d4a8 at news.eol.ca>,
> William Park  <opengeometry at NOSPAM.yahoo.ca> wrote:
>>
>>There is no such thing as "trained as writer", whether it's for computer
>>books or fiction/nonfiction novels.  You either can write or you can't.
>
> That's not true.  Writing is a skill -- just like programming -- that
> can be learned and/or taught.  Of course, just like programming, innate
> talent counts for something, but there are few people on this newsgroup
> who are incapable of writing a book.

Writing a computer book is not just grammar and syntax, although poor
grammer/syntax makes it worse.  You have to deliver the info fast and with
some structure (usually with examples).

My biggest peeves about current books is that they don't give me infos fast
enough; and, when they do, they are so disorganized that I have to break my
flow in reading to parse out they are babbling about.  HTML/XML books are
notorious in this regard.

--
William Park, Open Geometry Consulting, <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
8-CPU Cluster, Hosting, NAS, Linux, LaTeX, python, vim, mutt, tin