module string.py

NOPollution r_proietti at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 13:38:42 CEST 2002

Hi, I'm a Python newbye so I'm sorry if my questions will be a little
stupid...

I have two trouble:

1)  looking at the module "string.py" I have seen that are described
some functions like "lower", "rjust", etc. Ther problem is that it
seems not to describe exactly how this functions are made, but there
is only a comment about their properties. So in which file are these
functions described?

2) I tried to cancel the file "string.py". After that, the Python
Interpreter doesn't work anymore (it can't even start working). Why?

Thank you very much, Nop.