Integrals with Python

Nathan Given ngiven at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 25 12:53:36 EDT 2002

Matlab has quad, quadl, and quad8...

does Numeric have anything like those?

Here is my current (lame) project...

I am comparing the Monte Carlo method for single integrals against the
answers given by quad, quadl, and quad8 in Matlab.  I coded everything
in matlab, and was able to do it just fine... the problem is that it was
SLOW... so, someone suggested that I run python, so I converted all my
code to python (except the quad, quadl, and quad8 parts), and was able
to run my code and get the monte carlo answer much faster....

now, i am going to be doing some double integrals, and I was just
wondering if python had some built in functions that will calculate some
double integrals (and single integrals) for me... if there are different
methods, great... I will be able to compare the monte carlo answer to
different methods of calculating the integral...

that's what I'm looking for...

Thanks!
--
Nathan