SOLVED (Re: Python hits the spot)

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Jun 25 23:00:26 EDT 2002

Chris Barker wrote:

> Peter Hansen wrote:
>
> > > you have to admit that it was a nasty failure... is bad hardware your first
> > > thought when your program fails?

Actually, Chris Liechti wrote that; I was just quoting it.

> I have to say, I got pretty suspicious when he said that he had crashed
> Linux. I have been using Linux for years and have never crashed it. When

I suspect many had the same thought, but ignored it in the likelihood
that he was using the term incorrectly.  I can't count the number of
times someone has told me the machine "crashed" or "froze" when what
they meant was more like "my program exited unexpectedly" or "I got
a stack-trace"...

-Peter