Python daemon

Roman Suzi rnd at onego.ru
Tue Jun 25 05:58:14 EDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, [iso-8859-5] ╢пэЬпщ Ё. wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm writing a Python daemon on Unix and I need the folowing features:
> 1. going to background, diassociate from controling tty (done)
> 2. watchdog, the program should never be stuck

- just have another process which will look after the second one.
This is how many critical daemons works. Most easily it
can be done by forking.

> 3. restarting of the program if it fails, or the watchdog doesn't trigger

Run the program from the /etc/inittab - if it terminates,
init will restart it for you.

> 4. Logging
>
>The issue 1. I solved, it's on ActiveState's site. Issue 4. is not that
>hard to do I guess. Any suggestions about 2 and 3 ?

Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
--
rnd at onego.ru =\= My AI powered by Linux RedHat 7.2