COM server threads/unloading

Uncle Enzo uncleenzo at hushmail.com
Fri Jun 28 17:02:30 EDT 2002

Thanks Kris, for your reply. I have a follow-up question...

kzaragoza at attbi.com (Kris J. Zaragoza) wrote:
>(snip) Your server doesn't shut down
> because you have threads still running waiting on a queue that will
> never contain more messages.
>
> As I see it, you have two options.  First, you can build a mechanism
> to explicitly send the logger the message to shut down.

How would you do this? Start another thread that periodically checks
mainthread.GetInterfaceCount(), and if it returns zero put in the quit
event and then return? I'd rather not have a shutdown or release
method exposed to users.

Thanks,

Enzo